Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blog Comment - Learning is Messy: Interactive White Boards

I agree that the jury is still out! I am a student teacher right now and have been in classrooms with SmartBoard and ActiveBoard. In both situations it didn't seem like they were being used to their full potential. They were being used as a surface to project what was on the computer, which could be done without the IWB being there. But at least the computer was being used! One teacher didn't even use it because she didn't want to take the time or effort to learn how.

I think that if teachers were mandated to take a class that the results would be better. Teachers would know how to create Flip Charts and use the many other resources offered by interactive white boards to engage their students in learning. One solution I have seen is that the school district hired some teachers specifically to create Flip Charts for the math curriculum. These are what my master teacher uses. She likes it because she didn't have to take the time to create them not to mention all the time she saved on not having to learn how to make Flip Charts!

No comments:

Post a Comment